The report says, "Generation G captures the growing importance of 'generosity' as a leading societal and business mindset."
Generation G identifies 3 drivers for Generation G:
1) Recession & consumer disgust
2) Longing for institutions that care
3) For individuals, giving is already the new taking, and sharing is the new giving
And 8 ways for corporations to join Generation G (b/c recycling coffee cups and donating to a non-profit is just not enough anymore)
1) Co-Donate partner w/ your consumers to make a bigger impact
2) Eco-Generosity go beyond just offsetting your damage
3) Free Love give valuable stuff to your consumers for free, online & offline
4) Brand Butlers go beyond one-way advertising
5) Perkonomics benefits for those special customers
6) Tryvertising let your customers try your products in relevant environments
7) Random Acts of Kindness send a note, a coupon, a gift, samples, etc.
8) (F)rigid No More accept returns, recommend competitors, use the Golden Rule
Take a look at the report for some great examples of which companies are successfully executing some of these new ideas.